Charity Rallies Messages

Register to our Forums

Questions about our rallies? Join our forums now - Join in seconds with Facebook or google login.

2019 Registration is now open. Sign up can be found here

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adventure Steve

Looking for a team mate?

19 posts in this topic

When having a brilliant idea of going to Mongolia from London with charity rallies, sometimes it's not easy spending hours at the pub trying to tempt your mates to go along with you. This can destroy your dream of travelling a third of the way round the world, attempting that dream adventure that you always wanted to do!

I had the same problem back in 2009 when my first team mate had to drop out for financial reasons which left me wondering if I could ever go. Many months of planning was slipping away.

However, I placed an advert on the charity rallies website and found a new team mate who also wanted to do this trip but did not have anyone else to go with. Just in time!

So, We have created a section on the forums allowing team mates to add an advert who are looking for a team mate or teams to join. Also it allows teams to look for more team members to help share the cost of the rally.

So, if you are wondering how the heck your gonna get someone to go with you then why not add an advert here and we'll try and promote this page to other teams. You never know! That dream mate be round the corner!

I already have a team but unfortunately my team mates are dropping out. Im from HK and am doing my last year of uni in nottingham; hoping to do something sane before I head home........please message me!!

Hi there,

I'm Jeroen from the Netherlands. I signed in for the rally in 2014 and I want to do this adventure by motorcycle.
I wondered if there are more teams doing this adventure by motorcycle?

Greetings Jeroen

I plan on doing it on a Honda c90. Here's a tentative route:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=from:London,+United+Kingdom+to:Transylvanian+Alps,+Buz%C4%83u,+Romania+to:Istanbul,+Turkey+to:Tbilisi,+Georgia+to:astrakhan,+russia+to:Beyneu,+Kazakhstan+to:Turkmenbashi,+Turkmenistan+to:Ashgabat,+Turkmenistan+to:Darvaza,+Turkmenistan+to:Bukhara,+Uzbekistan+to:Samarkand,+Uzbekistan+to:Dushanbe,+Tajikistan+to:Khorog,+Tajikistan+to:Osh,+Osh+Province,+Kyrgyzstan+to:Ulaanbaatar,+Mongolia&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.53217764,d.dmg,pv.xjs.s.en_US.6PYzwk9faGo.O&biw=1365&bih=651&dpr=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

I'm solo at the moment, but wouldn't mind having a travel buddy. I'm also thinking of raising charitable funds independent of the organization, and starting out in early June to allow fate more leeway. I would fly out of Mongolia in late August. I'm in the US.

Im a 24 year old guy from New York looking to do this in a small pile of shit car, lets go.

Hey Eric!

Good luck finding a team! Glad to see you posting on here. I'm one of the trustees of Go Help and Charity Rallies and am based in NYC. If you need any info, drop me a line at dave@gohelp.org.uk - cheers.

Dave.

Eric, im a little late to the game but looking to get involved. have you found yourself a team mate? i live in london so i can help get the ball rolling if you already havent?

Hey

I have a team too but no teammate. I was thinking of dropping my spot and joining another team. I just finished uni in Canada and Im a 24yr male living in Canada. Let me know if your interested.

Cheers

Matt

Hey Matt,

i also have a team but no teammate. I am 29 years old living in Germany. If you are interessted building a team together let me know.

Greatings from Stuttgart

Norbert

Hey Guys my name is Jon and im looking for a team. I am a student from Texas, 20 years old, getting tierd of being stuck in the same place my whole life and itching for adventure. I have spent my entire life on the road since my dad was a truck driver and I can drive a P.O.S. through hell and back if needed. I've driven much of the U.S. as well as mexico if that says anything. I am very resourceful and laid-back. I'm looking to join a team that wants to just go with the flow and have the adventure of a lifetime. A good friend of mine may be willing to join if i can convince him to get to london by then. feel free to PM me and ask me for other contact info.

Cheers!- Jon

Hi !

Is the hunt over or still on. I am an Indian, adventurer. Young blood, with sense of driving sanely. Holding Indian Driving Lisc. can get International Driving Lisc. if required. Fluent with English. At 25 am good at putting 2+2 together with tools, IT professional + pursuing MBA (as if that matters over here ).

Love to explore... Traveler blood !

Hey,My name is George. I am possibly looking for a teammate if a friend of mine can't make it on the Mongolia Charity Rally starting 19th July. I'm from the US and I live and work as an engineer in Norway. 28 year old male. I have experience fixing cars and long road trips. Really want to do the Rally since 2009 when I first heard about it. Send me a message or reply if you are interested. Tentative plan:-Nissan Micra bought off ebay-Drive through Lithuania, Latvia, Russia, Kazakhstand, Russia, Mongolia

Yes wew were a team too, but my only teammate ditched me :(

I am alone, and looking for a team to join.

Hi all

i registered a team on the 2014 rally but had to postpone because my co-driver had to have an operation. I rolled over the registation to 2015 but my co-driver cannot participate next year now. I am looking for a couple of team mates to join me on this incredible trip, departing london july 2015. All you need to get on my team is suitable motivation to contribute financially to costs and fundraising. All you need for travelling is your credit card, a passport and a toothbrush. (I insist on the toothbrush!).

I'm open to suggestions as to cars and route etc - its a team game.

Drop me a line if you're thinking about it.

Hey there! Are you still looking for a teammates for the 2015 rally? I've done long-term travel before, but mostly by train and plane. I quite work in 2010 and traveled around the world for 8 months with the highlights being overland trips through India and Nepal and the Trans-Siberian Railway. This will be my first epic roadtrip. A little about me: I'm 33, female (I know my name is a little gender-ambigius), a dual US-British citizen and I currently live in Washington, DC. I get along with just about anyone as long as they don't have a negitive attitude.

Shoot me an email if you are still looking for a mate.

Cheers,

Corby

Hello all! My name is kyle and I am 25 from california. I have a good amount of travel expierence and am always down for any adventure. I was in tacloban after the typhoon in the Philippines and iraq after the kurds liberated kirkuk so i am used to stressful situations and can make decesions under pressure. Im pretty mechanically inclined and have always worked on my own cars.

If you are down for a proper adventure, dont take yourself seriously and love a good time LETS RALLY!

EMAIL- kylekott@gmail.com

Skype - kyle.kott

Hi all,

I'm interested in the Rally and have some background from a friend who did it.

I'm wondering -- is it definitely too late to find/join a team for 2015? I'm trying to learn more and potentially hook on to a team for 2016 if it's too late for this year.

I'm 29/M, living in New York City, with a decent amount of travel experience in North/South America, Europe, etc.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Best,

Rob

Hi all,

I'm interested in the Rally and have some background from a friend who did it.

I'm wondering -- is it definitely too late to find/join a team for 2015? I'm trying to learn more and potentially hook on to a team for 2016 if it's too late for this year.

I'm 29/M, living in New York City, with a decent amount of travel experience in North/South America, Europe, etc.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Best,

Rob