Charity Rallies Messages

Register to our Forums

Questions about our rallies? Join our forums now - Join in seconds with Facebook or google login.

2018 Registration is now open. Sign up can be found here 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
laraine.cook

Proceeds from Car Auction

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I wonder if someone can tell me which charities the proceeds from the Car Auction goes to. Do the participants get to nominate the charity they would like the proceeds to go to?

many thanks Laraine

Hi Laraine,

I think you are thinking of the Mongol Rally - at least I know they used to have their cars going through auctions. We don't do that on the Mongolia Charity Rally. We're a smaller event and it's a lot more personal. We deal with the cars on an individual basis whether they are donated, sold or go into our abulance project.

Thanks,

Sophie

(Charity Rally admin)

Laraine,

Sophie is right! Proceeds from vehicles that are sold in Mongolia after having been donated to Go Help go to...Go Help! And we use them in the charity projects that we run in Mongolia. You get 100% transparency, we request the purchase price of your vehicle when you take part, and we endeavour (and invariably do) sell the vehicle for more than it was purchased for. Thanks for supporting Charity Rallies!

Best regards,

Dave.

Trustee, Go Help