Charity Rallies Messages

Register to our Forums

Questions about our rallies? Join our forums now - Join in seconds with Facebook or google login.

2018 Registration is now open. Sign up can be found here 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IlDina

Kazakhistan - Uzbekistan border between the Caspian sea and the Aral lake

3 posts in this topic

Hi all

I'm looking to travel towards Dushanbe crossing the Kazakhistan-Uzbekistan border between the Caspian sea and the Aral lake.

By the info I received from another traveller is it possbile, no good roads to drive on, but he told me it is possible...

Is there anyone of you who can confirm to me if the passage I described above is open and suitable for my trip?

Thanks in advance!

See you

Fabio from the TajikisTEAM

Attached files

Hi Fabio,
I think your best bet is looking at the website with border info. I sent out a rally tips document for ROTW teams earlier in the year and it will be in your rally group with all the other docs and notices. Read it as it should help!
Thanks,
Sophie

Ciao Fabio,

ho fatto il viaggio il anno passato, con la mia Golf 1996, Diesel.( Ralley London Tachkent fin a Bishkek/Kirgisia) Non ci sono problemi. La frontiera e in mezzo del niente, la condizione de la pista e bastante male, pero no impossibile. Le temperature piú alte que pensi.

Si hai una vettura diesel: ci sono problemi con la nafta in Uzbekistan,solo disponibile nel mercato negro.Il tempo d'attesa 'e siempre +/ - lungo. La gente normale aspetta 16 ore, come turista sei priviligato e sorpasi la fila.

Ti posso spedire le foto se mi respondi a pinky_palermo@hotmail.de.

Saluti de Aachen/Germania

Gotz/Goffredo