Charity Rallies Messages

Register to our Forums

Questions about our rallies? Join our forums now - Join in seconds with Facebook or google login.

2019 Registration is now open. Sign up can be found here

KennyScout

Car guide and import taxes

5 posts in this topic

The import taxes for mongolia seem very expensive ( http://www.infomongolia.com/ct/ci/2617 ) and I guess the team is responsible for these costs?

I also see that "ultility" vehicles are exempt from these taxes - does anyone know what counts as a "utility" vehicle?

Hi Kenny

Yes you would be responsible for those costs, but you can get round that by taking the right vehicle.

A new vehicle guide will be released very shortly with the list of vehicles possible to take and are tax exempt. I have not seen the list myself so cannot say which ones yet.

Usually Vans such as Transits, small vans etc. Not sure on pickups yet until i have seen the list.

Any other questions then please ask away on the forums, we'll be happy to answer any of your questions.

cheers :D

Thanks Admin, I found the guide from last year (http://issuu.com/charityrallies/docs/the_mongolia_rally-ride_guide_2015) which was very helpful! I'll start searching based on that, and I look forward to seeing the new inputs - especially the clarification about the pickups (single cab vs. double cab!).

1 person likes this

Hi Kenny

In the next few days the new Vehicle Guide is coming out and there are some changes to the rules. These rules are what we get from the Mongolian government.

I will post it here as soon as I get it. 

Please stand by.

Cheers

Steve